London, North Eastern Railway class C1 Atlantic No.4444 roars along the East Coast main line approaching Retford station, Nottinghamshire with a Leeds to Kings Cross express during mid 1930s. She was one of a class of 94 locomotives designed by H. A. Ivatt for the Great Northern Railway. The first engine was built at Doncaster in 1902 with No.4444 (as No.1444) emerging in October 1908 and withdrawn from service by the LNER in October 1945. One of these fine locomotives, GNR No.251, is preserved as part of the National Collection.
- A high quality giclee fine art print.
- Image size 21″ x 14″
- Print size 23″ x 16.5″ on 280gsm white cotton Museum paper stock
- Signed by the artist.